At Creative Learning Academy, we have always been invested in helping children grow and thrive. That’s why we work hard to provide hands-on experiences in a safe learning environment, where kids can explore the world around them and learn to be independent thinkers. Now, with the adoption of Creative Curriculum®, there’s even more to love about Creative Learning Academy.
Creative Curriculum® is a comprehensive, research-based curriculum that uses play to help children learn and grow. Designed to foster the development of the whole child, this curriculum focuses on four areas of development: social/emotional, cognitive, physical, and language. This program uses teacher-led, small, and large group activities centered around 11 interest areas, and the curriculum helps teachers to promote child development through classroom organization, best practice teaching strategies, and engaging families in the learning process. Using blocks, dramatic play, toys and games, art, books, sand and water, music and movement, cooking, computers, outdoor play, and more, teachers help children to develop and apply new skills. Regular child assessments show parents and teachers how students are progressing, and online record-keeping tools allow teachers to maintain and organize child portfolios and effectively plan to support each individual child’s learning. Creative Curriculum® seeks to:
- Promote learning through exploration and discovery. Children develop a deeper understanding of concepts when they’re permitted hands-on experiences. When they can explore and discuss, like young scientists, their natural curiosity is sparked, and they learn and grow.
- Help teachers create a high-quality learning environment. The support of the Creative Curriculum® program allows teachers to provide an atmosphere in which children can thrive, and online tools help them measure their students’ progress.
- Provide hands-on learning through project-based investigations. In large and small groups, children, facilitated by teachers, work together to solve problems and complete tasks, learning through doing.
- Build children’s confidence, creativity, and critical thinking skills. When children are allowed to explore in this way, they become confident self-starters who use their imagination to find solutions. Learning to think critically is an important step in preparing them for a successful academic experience.
Creative Curriculum® is a useful tool that helps Creative Learning Academy create an environment in which children of all ages can thrive. In a safe, fun, reliable space, children interact with each other, learning while they play. A healthy mix of games and academics leads to a balanced approach that helps children to succeed. If you’d like to learn more about our curriculum, call Creative Learning Academy. For more information, visit our website or call 973.541.8241 today.
If you’re like most parents with kids heading back to school, you are probably preoccupied with the necessary busywork of parenting. The lists of school supplies alone is daunting, and on top of that, you’ve got to go through your children’s wardrobes and see what they need in terms of school clothes. You’ve also got school registration to contend with and other paperwork that can sometimes seem endless. With all that’s going on, it’s not uncommon for a few things to slip through the cracks.
However, even in this busy time, there are some other things we hope you will remember.
- Kids need a chance to ease back into school and other activities. It may all feel overwhelming to you, but remember, it can also be overwhelming for your kids. Try not to schedule too many extra activities for the first week of school, being mindful of the fact they may need a little bit of extra downtime right at the beginning of the year.
- Your child may be anxious about things he or she hasn’t expressed to you. Try to set aside time for one on one interaction with each child, whether it’s during a walk while making supper, or over a friendly board game. Encourage your kids to talk about their hopes, fears, and expectations for the coming school year, and you may be surprised to learn some new information.
- It may take some adjustment to get back into the swing of homework. Be patient in those first weeks, and encourage good organizational habits, like writing down assignments in an agenda, doing homework immediately after school, and checking the backpack every night to make sure nothing else needs to be done. Provide children with a well-lit, well-organized place to study, and a central location for notes, newsletters, and other important papers.
- Some kids may need a listening ear after school. It’s easy to get busy in the afternoon and evening, but it’s important to remember that kids need a trusted adult in whom to confide. Make yourself available after school, letting your children know that you care what’s on their minds.
- Healthy sleep and a good diet are crucial for back to school success. Starting a couple of weeks before school starts, get your kids back into the routine of regular bedtimes, regular waking times, and healthy meals and snacks. Remember, the average school-aged child needs 9 to 11 hours of sleep each night, teenagers need at least 8 to 10 hours, and preschoolers need anywhere from 9 to 16 hours, depending on age and the individual child. Planning your child’s schedule to accommodate this much sleep, and staying firm about bedtimes can prevent many health and behavioral issues.
Another thing it’s important to remember as kids head back to schools is the importance of the right afterschool care for your kids. If you’re looking for a great after school program, you owe it to yourself to check out Creative Learning Academy. One of the most sought-after afterschool programs in New Jersey, Creative Learning Academy’s school-aged program serves kids from kindergarten through 13 years old, providing an integrated curriculum full of fun, engaging, safe activities. Tailored to suit each age, grade, and stage, our program gives children time to relax and interact while still ensuring that their homework is completed and their education supported. For more information, visit our website or call 973.541.8241 today.